Monday, May 23, 2011

Our Weekend

*Get ready...this is a long one!

This past weekend kicked my butt!!! I woke up this morning so sore and tired. Josh has been searching craigslist for a while now looking for a used playset that we could fix up for our girls. They are few and far between and you have to catch them as soon as they are posted or they get taken. Well over the course of three days, we found 3 different ones. They all stated they were in "great" condition and we thought they would work out great. Well after a trip to Raleigh, Charlotte, and north Fayetteville we quickly discovered that other people's definition of "great" was our definition of "needs a lot of work, and definitely not worth the price they were asking". I was getting very discouraged and figured that if we just kept looking surely one would pop up. Well, Friday night after we got back from Raleigh we were searching online and found one at Toys R Us on clearance that would be perfect. So Saturday morning we went and got it.We had Katie's birthday party on Sunday so Josh didn't have much time to put it up. He did it all by himself in 10 hours. He did awesome. He worked very hard and I am so proud of him because it was about 90 degrees while he was working on it. The finished product turned out wonderful and Emma is soooooo excited that she can now go out in the back yard and swing. (pictures further down) Emma spent the first 2 1/2 years of her life not being able to step out her back door and play so it is so wonderful that we can just go play whenever we want now.

So as Josh was busy putting up the playset Saturday, I spent the morning making things to take to Williams surprise party that afternoon. We headed to Autumn's house around 2:30 and William showed up around 4:00 and was surprised with all his friends and family. It was sooo hot outside and I had a tough time keeping the girls cool and hydrated but they had fun. Autumn got a band(well there was two guys...I guess that's still a band though?) to come play, and they were really good. After the party we came home, got the girls in the bed and continued working on the playset until after dark. I will wait until Autumn can post her pictures before I show you the party.

Sunday morning Josh finished up the playset in about 5 hours and I cleaned and got ready for Katie's birthday party that I had at my house. Today is Katie's 20th birthday!!! SO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!! Katie's party was zebra themed with a touch of pink. We played outside on the playset and played cornhole. We grilled brats and hotdogs for dinner and had chips and watermelon. I hope Katie had a good time at her party.



Here is our new playset!

After everyone left Josh and I got the girls a bath and put them to bed. Then we both crashed in the bed and watched the Billboard Awards. We are both exhausted. This morning I have been catching up on laundry and playing with my girls. After their naps, I think I'm going to take them to the Kernersville Library for the first time so we can get a card and they can pick out some books.

We are leaving for the beach Thursday around lunch time so this week is going to be busy making lists and getting everyone packed!

Hope you all have a great MONDAY!!

No comments: