Friday, May 27, 2011

A Survivor

I want to take a few moments to talk about my mom. I haven't talked about this on my blog before because I didn't want to say anything that my mom didn't want anyone to know. But I think everyone knows now. The end of last year my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I can't even begin to tell you what it's like to hear your mom tell you that. I cried for days and couldn't believe this was happening to her. She seemed so clam and so positive though. (Even though she may have been terrified inside, she never let it show) She started chemo in January and once that was done she started radiation. I'm so happy to say that TODAY was her last day of radiation. She is officially DONE!!!! Praise God. My mom has remained positive and she has soldiered through this with such strength and poise. I have never been more proud of my mom as I am right now. I have seen her in a whole new light and it makes me appreciate her so much more. I can never thank God enough for given her the strength to get through this. I know there were probably days that she was down and maybe felt a little defeated but she turned to the Lord and he never let her down.


Mom, I am so proud to be your daughter and in my eyes, you are strongest woman I know. I love you with all my heart and I'm so glad that you are now a SURVIVOR!!

No comments: