Saturday, November 12, 2011

1st Sleepover

Let me start this post by saying that I am awful at editing photos. I took these indoor of course with a flash and they turned out ok but I really just don't know what I'm doing. Hopefully Autumn can do something with these. I wanted to get Josh's help but we've been busy and he is leaving tomorrow for 5 days so I wanted to go ahead and post these. 

Autumn and I couldn't wait for the day that we would have kids old enough to have sleepovers. I'm still not quite sure ours are really old enough to understand it but they still had fun. Emma was so excited to have Cheyenne come sleep in her bed. After dance class on Wednesday I brought Cheyenne home with me to stay that night. Josh was out of town so it was just me and three girls. Cheyenne doesn't come to our house very often because we live about 40 minutes away from them so her and Emma were all over the place. That's where things started to get a little crazy. Isn't it funny how your kids don't want to play with the toys they have until another kid comes over and starts playing with it? Well, I had 3 girls fighting over the same toy that usually my girls could care less about. But I quickly explained to them that we all had to share or the toy was going to be put away. 



There was lots of magna doodle drawing....

 and doing flips.


There was also A LOT of dancing. They turned on Emma's music player as loud as it would go and danced around the whole house. 

For dinner I had planned for the girls to put a pizza together. I wanted them to sit at the kitchen table so I could get some good pictures of their faces but they insisted on sitting at the kids table. Either way, they had a lot of fun making their dinner. 





After dinner we played a little bit more and then settled down to watch a little bit of Madagascar before bed time. 

I put them to bed around 7:30 and they giggled until about 8:40. I heard Cheyenne over the monitor say "Emma, I'm so tired, goodnight." and then Emma said "Goodnight Cheyenne." Then they both rolled over and went to sleep. It was the sweetest thing ever. About 5am I heard Emma moving around so I looked at the monitor and she was saying "wake up chey". Emma has been sleeping through the night since forever and  I figure that she just woke up a little bit and saw Cheyenne in her bed and thought it was time to play. Cheyenne is a really sound sleeper so she stayed asleep. I went in their room and told Emma to roll over and go back to sleep. By the time I got back in my room I heard her telling Chey to wake up again. After doing this about 4 more times I decided to bring her in the bed with me so that she wouldn't wake up Cheyenne. Emma really didn't understand being in the bed with me but she finally fell back asleep around 6 or so and then got up at 7. I was dragging a little Thursday morning but it was worth it. They had a great time.

They played all morning long and then Autumn came to get her around 3 that afternoon. All things considered I think that it went very well and that enjoyed it. Hope we can do it again soon. 

No comments: