Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This Week

What can I say about this week? My intention for this post was to sort of complain about how awful my girls have acted the past few days and tell you all how tired I am from only getting two or three hours of sleep every night, but after I thought about it....who really wants to read about all that? Yes, it's true that the girls and I are not getting along well right now, but I have a suspicion that it has a lot to do with the fact their daddy has been gone for a lot longer than they are used to. I'm hoping when he comes home tomorrow things will kind of go back to normal. So here are just a few pictures from the past few days.

Monday was a particularly long day so I decided to get the girls out of the house for a little dinner date. We went to Chick-fil-a, which we don't do hardly ever. You would have thought I was the best mom ever. 

This morning the girls and I headed to the doctor for my 37 weeks checkup. It was sooooo cold here today that I got the girls dressed up in their sweaters and hats. Emma LOVED wearing this hat and demanded that I take her picture. She didn't take the hat off the whole time and I had to fight her to take it off once we got home. 

Every Wednesday Emma has dance class. We drop her off and then go back in an hour to get her. I love that little hour that I have just me and Ryleigh. Sometimes we will go to a store and look around and sometimes I will get her a treat. Today I got her a tiny milkshake and we watched Dora in the car while we waited for Emma to get done. I realized today that the next time I drop Emma off at dance class I will have Ryleigh and Grayson. :0)

My girls are absolutely OBSESSED with puzzles!!! When I tell you that they will put together the same puzzle over and over all day long....I am not over exaggerating. Emma had a huge love for puzzles early on and it has grown. She is really good at them and can put one together in no time at all. I have recently got her some with a lot more pieces and she will do it really quickly. Ryleigh started loving puzzles several months ago. Of course at first she just kind of let Emma help her do most of it. Not anymore though. She gets her own puzzle and will put it together all by herself. This past Sunday at my moms house the girls were sitting at the table putting some puzzles together and my mom commented on how impressed she was that Ryleigh could put together the puzzles by herself. I am honestly more impressed that she is 2 1/2 and will sit for hours and do the puzzle until it is done. I can tell that Ryleigh and Emma are more interested in things such as puzzles, coloring, play-doh, etc. than they are with playing outside or playing games. 


Josh comes home tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. We have been able to FaceTime with him almost every day and the girls love that. I know they are ready for some real hugs and kisses though!

No comments: