Thursday, July 17, 2008

31 Weeks!

Yay! We have finally made it into the single digit week countdown. Only 9 weeks to go!! This past week was full of ups and downs. Josh was out of town Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and most of Thursday. He got back around 6:30 last night. Sooner or later I might get used to him being away from me for that long, but not yet. I still have a hard time when he leaves. I went to my mom and dads house on Monday and Tuesday night so that I wouldn't have to be by myself. That makes the time pass a little quicker too. I went to the doctor Monday morning and went on a shopping spree afterwards. I got so much stuff for little Emma. Josh and I are going to order her dresser/changing table soon so that I can start putting stuff where it needs to go. Emmas arrival is quickly approaching and I want to get ready for her as soon as I can. Tuesday after I had gotten up Emma gave me a little scare. Usually she moves all the time. She sleeps when I sleep but usually, if I'm up, then she's up. She is a very active little baby. Since I was supposed to work Tuesday night I didn't get out of the bed until around 1 or 2. Well around 3 or so she still hadn't moved. And I noticed Monday night that she didn't move any after I ate dinner around 6:00. So it had been about 21 hours since I had felt her move last. So ofcourse I paniced a little bit and called the doctors office. They told me some things that I could try so that I could get her to move. She still wasn't moving though. The nurse called me back around 4:45 and as soon as the phone rang...I felt little flutters. After that she started moving like normal. And since then, she has been as active as ever. I guess she just wanted to hang out in there for a little while. But especially with Josh being out of town, it really scared me. But our little girl is ok and thats all that matters. I feel like my tummy has gotten bigger this week. She is supposed to gain 1/2 per week until about 2 weeks before she is born. So we both still have some growing to do. At this stage in the pregnancy, I am feeling pretty good. I can't really complain about anything. Working in the NICU [Neonatal ICU] I see babies born prematurely and with all kinds of different problems. It makes me feel very lucky that we have made it this far without any complications. I'm hoping that these last 9 weeks will go smoothly and we will have a healthy little girl. This weekend is going to be another busy weekend. Josh and I plan on going to Kenly, NC on Saturday to look at a car that we have had our eye on. Hopefully this time next week we will have a new car. I'm going to need some butter to get in my car if I have to drive it much longer. :] Then Sunday, we are going to my Grandmas annual Family Reunion. I am looking forward to it because it is absolutely the best food anywhere. [all I seem to think about is food lately] But it should be alot of fun. Maybe between all of that, we will have some time to get in the pool a little while. Yesterday, July 17, was my best friends birthday. She turned 21. So, Happy Birthday Brittany!!! I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: