Friday, July 25, 2008

Hospital Trip

For the past 4 days or so I have had some pain in the upper right side of my stomach. It is a constant pain that just will not go away. Well, Thursday I was actually able to sleep most of the day and when I got up, it had gotten a little better. So Josh and I went to the grocery store and when we got home it came back, a lot more painful. I called the doctor's office and the nurse put me on bed rest and told me that if it didn't get better in an hour that I should go to the hospital. After an hour, it was still the same so about 9:30 Thursday night Josh and I went to the hospital. They got me registered and took me back to a room. They hooked up the fetal heart monitor and everything with Emma was fine. She was kicking and moving all around. The nurse said we had a crazy baby. She kept having to come in and re-adjust the monitor to get an accurate reading because she was moving so much. The monitor was also picking up that I was having some contractions, even though I couldn't really feel them much. They did a test to see if I was going into premature labor and it came back negative. They also did an exam to see if I was dilated and I wasn't. So all that was good news. But the pain still wasn't going away. They eventually sent me home about 3:30 am and I had to go back to the doctor Friday morning. They checked once again to make sure I wasn't dilated. Everything still seemed ok. The doctor thinks it may be my gallbladder so I have an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday morning. I also have to go back to the doctor on Monday for my regular checkup. So really, after going to the hospital Thursday and the doctor on Friday, I still feel exactly the same. I'm hoping that there isn't a problem with my gall bladder but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I just want to find out what's wrong with me so we can try and fix it. I'll keep you all updated on what we find out.

1 comment:

Four of a Kind said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers! Keep Emma in there as long as you can!