Friday, August 8, 2008

34 Weeks!

What can I say about this past week? It's definitely been interesting. Josh and I have been staying at my parents house since last Saturday. We've been house-sitting and dog-sitting. My whole family went to the beach for a week without me. :[ But it's ok. It's been so hot that I would have been miserable anyway. I've enjoyed spending all my time in the air-conditioning. But this past week, I have tried to do as little as possible. I am still in so much pain because of this gall bladder issue. I finally got back to work on Wednesday night. It was difficult to say the least. Most people would love a job where they could just sit for 8 hours, but not me. Sitting hurts the most and I am confined to my desk so I can't really get up and walk around whenever I please. Plus, the whole time I'm at work, I have to starve myself so that I won't get sick and have to go home. I am suppose to go to the doctor on Monday for my regular check-up. I'm hoping we can get some more answers about what we are going to do. I would like to know when and if they plan on making me deliver early and if they are going to have to remove my gall bladder. I don't want Emma to come early, but if she does, atleast we've made it to 34 weeks and she has an excellent chance on being perfectly fine. But ofcourse, working in the NICU, I've seen 34 week babies not do so good, so I want to keep her in there as long as I can. However, if I can't start eating good again and stay hydrated, it's not good for her or me. Josh has been absolutely amazing this whole pregnancy.....especially the last couple of weeks. He has done everything that I've needed him to. He also pushes me to eat and drink as much as I can. He has just done a great job taking care of his girls. He's going to be a great daddy. My goal right now is to atleast make it until the first of September. Then, I will be 37 weeks and she will be considered full-term. I am so excited that the weekend is almost here. I still have to work tonight but then I'm off for 3 nights. I'm hoping to get a lot done this weekend. We only have a few free weekends left until Emma is here.

How your baby's growing:Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average canteloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about pre-term labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

No comments: