Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ups & Downs

Well, this pregnancy has definitely had its up and downs. The past couple of days have been really rough. I am still in so much pain and I can't quit throwing up. I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me that they did, in fact, see gallstones, on my ultrasound last week. So that is what all this pain in my stomach is coming from. My blood pressure was a lot better though. It was about 99/70 which is about normal for me. I am also still very dehydrated. But that is because I can't keep anything down. He gave me a prescription for Zofrain that is suppose to help with that. I just started taking it last night so it hasn't really started helping yet, but I'm hopeful. As far as my gallbladder goes, here are the options. He doesn't want to do surgery to remove it right now because I am so far along and the risk are much greater in the third trimester. So he is kind of leaving it up to me. If I can deal with the pain then I can just wait until whenever she comes and then go from there. However, if I continue to stay dehydrated and can't eat then they will go ahead and deliver her and then take my gallbladder out right after that. He said that we would discuss it more on Monday at my next appointment. Since this gallbladder thing is pregnancy related, I'm hoping and praying that maybe after Emma is born it will just go away and we won't have to do surgery. I definitely don't want to have to go into surgery as soon as my baby is born. That would be horrible. So right now, I don't really know when Emma is coming. I am almost 34 weeks right now. Next Friday is 35 weeks...which is what I've been pushing for all along. If your baby is born under 35 weeks, it automatically has to go to the NICU. Even if the baby is perfectly fine, it's just a rule they have. So I really don't want her to have to go there so I'm trying to hang in there as long as I can....especially since this is not a problem with Emma, just me. I want to keep her with me as along as possible. But I'm interested to see what they say on Monday. So I guess probably this weekend, I am going to make sure that we have everything single thing that we need for her. Right now, I have no idea when she might come and I want to be prepared. I'm hoping that I can carry her full term which is 37 weeks. But thats only 3 weeks away. I am doing my best to go to work too. I went last night and ended up throwing up 3 times on the way there, so when I got there, I had to turn around and come back home. I can't stay at work and be throwing up all the time. But I'm going to try my best to go tonight and see how I do. Sitting for long periods of time is just really painful so I know it's not going to be that fun. But we'll see. I'll keep you all updated on anything that we find out.

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. If Emmas is fine this week (35 weeks) and you're still in so much pain, let them deliver her. You don't need to be suffering. She will be fine. If you have gallstones, go ahead and get it removed. Better now than in a few months or a year from now have to go through this again and be in the hospital again. You're supposed to take it easy after delivery anyway. She'll be in the nursery for a while and the surgery won't take long. You'll be fine afterwards. We'll all be here to help you. Hope this all ends soon. Love u!