Friday, August 15, 2008

35 Weeks!

Finally 35 weeks. I have been anxiously waiting to make it this far. It eases my mind a little bit to know that if Emma was born now, she wouldn't be forced to go to the NICU. This week has been as good as can be expected. I still continue to get sick sometimes and my stomach pain isn't going away. But I'm trying my best to put all that aside and just focus on me and Emma and enjoy these last few weeks. I am getting so excited to finally meet her. This week I have had the pleasure of experiencing the swollen feet and hands that goes along with pregnancy. I am actually surprised that it hasn't happened before now considering how hot it has been this summer. But my hands have gotten so swollen that they are actually going numb. Sometimes, I can go 10-15 minutes without feeling them. I can tell that I've gotten a lot bigger the past couple of weeks. I feel as big as a house. But it's all worth it in the end. Josh and I have gotten everything we need for Emma. Her room is set up and ready to go. It's so pretty too. This past week, I got all new stuff for the bed that is in her room. It turned out so good and it matches her room really well. I'm glad the weekend is finally here. I actually have the night off tonight. I usually work Friday nights but I switched shifts with someone so I have 4 nights off in a row. I'm so excited. Josh has a big weekend ahead. He was asked to roll the greens for the Wyndham Golf Championship. He gets to do that on Saturday and Sunday. It's a huge deal for him and hes so excited about it. Although, I think hes a little nervous too. I know he will do a great job. Then next weekend, Josh is going to the beach for a "guy's weekend". He is going with about 3 of his good friends. [they are all afraid that once Emma is born, he won't be able to leave the house] :]
Thats not true though. I plan on getting Emma out and about every chance I get. I want her to get use to being around people and doing different things. I am so glad we only have 5 weeks left. I am so ready for her to finally get here.

No comments: