Friday, August 22, 2008

36 Weeks!


We now have less than 4 weeks before our baby girl arrives. Josh and I are so excited to meet our little Emma. I have spent this week cleaning and making lists so that we are prepared when Emma decides shes ready to come. I'm trying to keep the house spotless and keep up with the all the laundry so that we won't have to come home to a dirty house. I guess the "nesting" has started. I hear thats quite common around this time. This week things have gotten even more difficult. Don't get me wrong, being pregnant has been the most amazing thing I've ever done, but I just want Emma to come. This week has probably been the roughest week as far as swelling goes. Even when I wake up, I'm already swollen. It just won't go down anymore. My legs go straight to my feet...forget the ankles. They have completely disappeared. :[ I feel so huge right now. But I guess probably all pregnant girls feel this way. Emma hasn't dropped yet so I'm finding it more difficult everyday to breathe and even eat. I can eat 3 or 4 bites of something and be completely full. They say she could drop any day now so I'm just waiting. The trips to the bathroom are increasing too. Josh likes to make fun of me because when I have to go pee really really bad, only 4 drops come out.....but then I feel better. It's so frustrating and funny all at the same time. I had to make Josh drive me all over Greensboro to try and find some clothes to hold me over for the next few weeks. I just don't have anything that fits anymore. Josh is leaving for the beach today. He is going with 3 of his friends and his brother for a "guys weekend." I'm jealous. I would love to be able to go but at 36 weeks, I'd just be miserable anyway, and plus I don't think it would be a good idea to be that far away from home. But I'm glad that he is able to go. This will be the last time he's able to go by himself. Next time, he will have a little baby to take care of. They are going to spend the weekend playing golf and fishing. I personally would just rather lay around in the bed. After Josh gets home, we are going to get the car seat in the car and also pack for the hospital. The girls at work are throwing me a shower on Sunday. We are all going to eat some mexican food. I can't wait. Everyone is getting so excited to meet Emma....especially Josh. He is really looking forward to having a "daddys little girl". He keeps telling me how he is going to teach her to play golf so they can go play together. He has also mentioned that he's not going to let me put her in a tutu. [we'll see about that] He is so afraid that I'm going to make her into a prissy little girl. As long as she is happy, thats all that matters. We are just having so much fun talking about all the things we are going to do with her and teach her. Josh and I are going to the doctor on Monday for our regular checkup and also an ultrasound. They are going to be able to tell us exactly how much she weighs and what position she is in. I'm so excited to see her and I'm anxious to see how big she is. [even though she feels like she's 20 pounds already]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we can't wait until emma gets here. hope it's not too much longer.