Monday, August 11, 2008

Frustrating 34 Week Check-Up!

Today I went to the doctor for my regular check-up. I thought that I was going to be able to get some answers about what we were going to do about my gall bladder and also if they were going to deliver Emma early. Well ofcourse, when you are pregnant, you do a rotation through all the doctors in the office. Today I had to see a doctor that I had never seen before and he had absolutely no clue that anything was even wrong with my gall bladder. I had to eventually ask him what we were going to do about it. He didn't even have anything in my chart that said I had done an ultrasound. So basically all he said was, we are just going to wait and see what happens. He didn't say anything about removing my gall bladder or delivering her early. He just said come back in two weeks and we'll see how things are going. It's so frustrating to me because just last week I had another doctor tell me that my gall bladder would probably need to come out after I deliver and also that because I'm so dehydrated they might induce me early. But this doctor today didn't even seem like he cared. Why is it that you can't just see the same doctor? That way they will atleast know what is going on with you. So I guess for now we are just doing the wait and see game. So Emma won't be here for atleast 2 more weeks. Which is fine with me because she needs more time to grow. I just don't know how much longer I can go with the stomach pain and the nausea. I go back to the doctor on August 25 and will have an ultrasound done too. They are going to tell me how much she weighs. I can't wait to see her. I can't believe that in less that 6 weeks Emma will be here. Josh and I are ready for her to finally get here. We can't wait!!

1 comment:

Four of a Kind said...

That does sound frustrating. I had the same doctor the whole 9 months so I can't imagine what it must be like to see a different one every time. It'll all be over in (probably less than) a month. Then you'll have the fun of the rotating pediatricians!