Thursday, November 12, 2009

1st Hospital Trip

Last night I had to take Emma to the Pediatric ED for the first time. Yesterday morning before I took her to my moms house for the day, I noticed Emma had coughed a few times. I didn't think anything of it because she was fine. I thought she just had something in her throat. I was still asleep when Josh got home last night with Emma and she was already in the bed when I woke up so I never got to see her. While I was getting ready for work, she kept waking up coughing and whining. She couldn't ever really fall asleep. After about 30 minutes of her waking up, I told Josh to go get her and bring her to our room. She was burning up. I knew right then that she was sick. We took her temperature and it was 102.1. I called the pedatricians office and they said it sounded like the flu and told me to take her to get checked out. So at about 10:00 we headed to the hospital. We got in and out in about 2 hours and everyone was so nice to us. Emma does have the flu. When we got there her temperature was almost 103. They gave us a prescription for Tamiflu and she is rotating motrin and tylenol every 3 hours. We made it home and finally got in the bed around 2:00 this morning and Emma still woke up every 15-20 minutes coughing. Today, she seems a lot better. She doesn't have a fever anymore but she has a really nasty cough. She won't really eat much, but she's drinking. So as long as she is staying hydrated, then she's ok. My mom and dad met us at the hospital and they were such a big help. They even went to fill her prescription and pick up a few things at CVS for me. I'm hoping that in the next few days Emma will be good as new. We are supposed to leave for the beach Sunday, but I'm sure me and her won't be going if she's still sick.

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

I hate that you had to go. But at least they've redone the Ped. ER. It so much nicer than when I was there with Cheyenne when she was a baby. Hope she's feeling better soon.