Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's going on?

So I thought that I would take a few minutes to let you all know what's been going on lately. Things have been really busy the past couple of months and I don't see them slowing down anytime soon. We have pretty much been busy every weekend.

I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. We are having dinner at my mom and dads house, which we don't usually do, but this year, we are. I have to work the night before and the night of Thanksgiving so I'm sure I'll be exhausted but thats ok...I'll get through it.

Can you all believe that there are only 45 days till Christmas? It always sneaks up on me somehow. This year is going to be so much fun. Emma is actually old enough now to open her presents[sorta] and play with her new toys. Last year, I think we got through opening gifts in about 10 minutes and then Emma just sat there looking at them. It's going to be so different this year. I can't believe that in the last two years, we have added 3 grandbabies to the Joyner household. Well....3 1/2...but who's counting? Katie calls us "baby-making" machines. Cheyenne and Emma are really starting to "acknowledge" eachother. I wouldn't neccessarily say they are playing together. Emma is kind of a toddler who keeps to herself a lot and plays quietly and then Cheyenne wants to follow her around and give her hugs. They will soon start playing together hopefully.

I am now about 21 weeks pregnant with baby Ryleigh and things have been going good lately. I still feel like I don't have much of an appetite though. Hopefully, that means that I won't really gain any weight this pregnancy. I have been so overwhelmed lately with trying to get everything done. I hate waiting till the last minute. I'm hoping to have everything done by the middle of February just in case. I think both Josh and I are getting really excited about having two little girls. Emma is going to be such a great big sister.

Speaking of Emma. She changes more and more everyday. Ever since she was born, I never put her on a schedule of any sort. She always slept wherever, whenever. That worked out so great for us and she never had any problems with it. She still always slept great through the night so I never worried too much about having her on a consistent schedule. Well, a couple months ago, she fooled me and put herself on her own schedule. She usually gets up around 7ish and then eats breakfast and plays while watching some backyardigans. Then about 8:30 she grabs her blankie and walks to the bed. So she takes about an hour to 1 1/2 hour nap. After lunch, she will take another nap around 1:00. She will usually sleep for a couple of hours.....except today, when she decided to sleep for 2 hours and 45 min!! Yeah, I'm not quite sure what happened there. She hasn't taken a nap that long in FOREVER. Then around 8:30 she is down for the night and sleeps until 7. So this schedule has been working great for her. She showed me what she needed, and that's what we've been sticking too. We finally got her bedwetting under control too. For the past month or so, she has been wetting the bed, EVERY night. She doesn't get anything to drink after dinner, but she always waits until she falls asleep to fill up her diaper. And since she sleeps on her tummy, it always comes out of the top and gets everywhere. Changing her sheets everyday was getting very old. She had been using the Huggies Overnite diapers, but she still wet the bed, so this past weekend Josh and I were at Babies R Us and found these things called Booster Pads that go into the diaper. My mom had told me about them but I hadn't ever seen them. She has used them for about 3 nights now, and hasn't wet the bed once. So hopefully that will continue to work. A week or two ago, when Emma spent the day at my mom's house, she came home, and was high-fiving. I think they must have worked on that all day. So now, all she ever wants to do is stop and hold her hand up so that you can high-five. She has also learned to kiss. Well...it's more like an open mouthed wet tounge kiss...but still cute. :] She just brings so much happiness to Josh and I. I don't know what we'd do without her.

I hope this week flies by fast. When I get off work Friday morning, I will be off for 11 days!!! On Sunday we will be making our way to Myrtle Beach for the CGCSA show. It's a conference show that Josh goes to almost every year for work. It lasts a few days, and this year Emma and I are going. Josh will be busy almost all day, everyday we are there so it will just be me and Emma mostly. Our hotel is only 3 blocks from the beach and also Broadway at the Beach and it's about 10 minutes from Tanger Outlets. We also have an indoor pool. So I'm sure Emma and I will have plenty to do. I'm really looking forward to getting away for a few days though. I only wish Josh was going to have more time to spend with us. :[

So, as you can see....we have so much going on....but hopefully after Christmas, it will slow down a little bit...atleast until March. :]

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

That is alot going on! I'm so glad Emma's doing good for you sleeping, cause it's about to get crazy! I know the holidays are going to be busy but you need to rest AS MUCH AS YOU CAN now. Have fun at the beach!