Friday, November 20, 2009

Myrtle Beach

This past Sunday, Josh, Emma, and I headed to Myrtle Beach for the CGCSA Show. Josh worked the whole time we were there but Emma and I enjoyed spending some time together. We got to our hotel room about 4:00 on Sunday. The hotel we stayed at was connected to the conference center which was really nice because then Josh could just walk to the show everyday. This was Emma's first time in a hotel and she did wonderful. We stayed pretty busy too so I'm sure that helped with her not getting so bored. Sunday night, we went to do a little shopping and get some dinner . It was really the only time we got to spend with Josh. Monday morning Emma and I went shopping at Tanger Outlets. She did awesome in her stroller, even though I walked around for 2 hours. Before heading back to the hotel for a nap we stopped and ate lunch at Margaritaville. Emma loved this place. I guess because it's loud and fun. I guess Emma got so tired from doing so much while we were there because on Monday, she took a 3 hr and 10 min. nap. Then on Tuesday, she took a 2 1/2 hour nap. She was exhausted. Wednesday morning, Emma and I headed back to Greensboro. We drove separately, so Josh didn't get home until about 8:30 Wednesday night. Emma did wonderful the whole way there and the whole way back. I didn't hear a peep from her the whole time. She mostly just slept and watched Backyardigans the whole way. Josh and I hope and pray that Ryleigh travels as well as Emma does. We had fun but we were definitely ready to come home. I am looking forward to doing this again next year, but will hopefully take Aunt Katie with us to help with both kids.

3 hr and 10 min nap!!
Emma at Margaritaville
She loved playing in this window
Our view from the room-we could see the ocean
Emma snacking on some cheerios

No comments: