Monday, November 30, 2009

Made by My Mom!

I can't even explain to you all how excited I am. Last night, my mom gave me her nativity set. You see, she hand-painted this set back in 1993. She used to put it up every year for Christmas. She hasn't been able to put it up at her house for a number of years because she just doesn't have the room for it. It takes up a lot of room. My mom loves this set and is very proud of it. She said I never would have gotten it if she would have had somewhere to put it, but she wants it to be displayed and said that I could put it up at my house. We have the perfect place for it. Above our fireplace, we have a nook that I've only sat picture frames at. So for now, I took those down and put this up. It looks awesome. My mom did such a great job and you can definitely tell that it took her a long time. I am so grateful to have something so special to my mom and something that she made. Thanks mom. I love you.

the whole set
camels
the 3 wise men

No comments: