Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back to the Hospital

First off, let me tell you, I am getting so tired of going to the hospital. Yesterday morning while I was walking down the hallway I got a sharp stabbing pain in my left side. I had to just stop and stand there. I have never hurt so bad in my life. I just stood there and cried. I couldn't even move my legs. So I slowly sat down on the floor hoping the pain would go away. It didn't. So I made my way to the couch and called Josh. As I sat there, the pain got a tad bit better. After I got off the phone with Josh, I went to the bathroom and had some spotting. I assumed it was from the kidney infection but since I was having the pain too, I decided it was time to call the doctor. So 2 hours later, when the nurse still had not called me back, I had to call them again and they finally got me a triage nurse to talk to. She suggested that I go to Maternity Admissions and get checked out. I was able to get Emma some lunch and in her crib for her nap and Josh's mom came to take care of her while my mom had to get off work and take me to the hospital. Josh was in Fayetteville yesterday and couldn't get back in time, so he just met me at the hospital. I went into triage first while they checked Ryleigh's heartbeat, blood pressure, temperature, and then asked a buzzillion questions. After that, they put me on a stretcher[not even a bed] and hooked up the fetal monitors. Ryleigh was all over the place. She had a great heartbeat and they didn't pick up any contractions, which was great. The doctor decided to do an in-and-out cath urine specimen[not fun....I don't recommend it] and also took some blood for a CBC. After that, I went to ultrasound so that they could check everything again and also to get measurements. The ultrasound went good and they didn't really see anything that should be causing the pain. Ryleigh now weighs about 4 lbs. 13 oz. She is in the 85% for her weight at her gestational age. So it looks like she's going to be a big baby too. I was given two darvacet to help with the pain, but even that didn't really seem to help. Since they never really found anything that could be causing the pain, the doctor gave me the option of staying the night at the hospital for observation or I could go home and then see him first thing in the morning. Of course, I decided to go home. I figured I would be much more comfortable and happy at home, especially since I knew that Ryleigh was ok. He gave me a prescription for the darvacet that I can take every 4-6 hours if I need it and put me on limited bed rest. I slept pretty good but the pain hasn't gone away. I'm really hoping to find out what's going on at the doctor's office today. I'm just so grateful that it doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Ryleigh. I was so worried yesterday that we were going to have a 32 week preemie. But hopefully she will stay put another 5 weeks at least.

No comments: