Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Visit to MAU

This morning about 3am I had to leave work because I was bleeding, contracting, and very nauseous. I knew when I got to work I just didn't feel good but I didn't really get scared until I started to bleed. I headed downstairs to MAU and was hooked up to the fetal heart monitor.
The monitor picked up some contractions that I was having but nothing too serious. I also did a urine specimen and then was taken to ultrasound. At first they did an external ultrasound to check the baby and and also my cervix. Ryleigh looked good. Her heartbeat was 135bpm. She was moving around and happy. The ultrasound tech then tried to look at my cervix and she said that it went straight up, which is kind of unusual so she had to do an internal ultrasound. My cervix looked good and was measuring at 5.2....which is great for this stage of pregnancy. While she was doing the ultrasound, I felt a lot of pain in my lower stomach. Once I got back to MAU, the nurse said that my urine test came back and that I had a severe bladder infection. She said that was where the pain and the bleeding were coming from. So she sent me home with a prescription and to get some rest. I was supposed to call and make an appointment first thing to see my doctor. So this morning around 10:30 I went to my doctors office and they did some more test and it turns out that I have a kidney infection instead of a bladder infection. So the doctor gave me a different prescription and said to come back friday morning since I already had an appointment scheduled that day. He said to take it easy the next couple of days. He also mentioned that with these antibiotics that it will probably feel like it is getting worse before it gets better......greeeeaaaatt. Can't wait. So right now, I'm going to take some medicine and go to bed.......

2 comments:

Hollifields said...

geez Jen, You just can't enjoy pregnancy can you. I hate this! That sucks! But I'm glad you're okay and they caught this before it got too serious. Get some rest. Be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Well actually this has been going on for a few weeks...I went to the doctor about it a few weeks ago and was misdiagnosed....so they've been treating the wrong thing this whole time...