Thursday, July 21, 2011

Favorites

As a stay at home mom, my days are mostly the same. Same routine, same places, same everything. It gets old sometimes. Don't get me wrong.....theres nothing I'd rather be doing that spending everyday with my girls. But between the everyday things, there are times each day that I really look forward to and I wanted to take time to jot them down.

One of my favorite things during the day is when the girls get up and eat their breakfast. We aren't ones to sit at the table and eat. Mostly because I don't really eat breakfast often and the girls aren't big breakfast eaters either. They are generally happy with their milk and some dry cereal...or sometimes Emma requests a fruit pop tart. Emma usually wants corn pops and Ryleigh LOVES cheerios. Once we get the bowls of cereal I sit on the couch and Emma sits beside me and Ryleigh sits on my lap and we watch Mickey Mouse while they eat. It's one of my favorite times because believe it or not, I actually miss them when they go to bed and I'm so happy to spend some quality time with them as soon as they wake up.

My next favorite part is when Ryleigh wakes up from her nap. 99% of the time she wakes up before Emma and I go get her from her crib and bring her to my room. We will sit on the bed and read a book. We have a special first words book that I keep in my room and she is always so happy to see it. I love spending this quality time with her because since I am home all day with both of them, it's very rare that I get one on one time.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE bed time. No, not because they finally have to go to sleep. Josh and I take turns putting the girls to bed so that neither of them get use to just one person. Ryleigh usually isn't up for reading books or anything, she likes to just get in her bed, but Emma on the other hand LOVES to read books. So now that she has a big girl bed we lay down together and she snuggles up to me and we read a story. Once the story is over I say I love you and she says it back and then I say Goodnight and she says "Good night mama". MELT. MY. HEART. She is just the sweetest little girl.

So, these are just a few of my favorite times. With two special little girls, I have many of them though. I am truly a blessed mama.

No comments: