Thursday, July 14, 2011

hot...hot....hot

Today it has finally cooled off a little bit but the past few days have been awful. They've been around 100 and the girls and I have stayed inside in the AC. I can not wait until the fall. Summer can be fun but when it's so hot that you can't hardly stay outside long enough to do anything, it gets miserable.

This weekend is the big fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen walk that Autumn and Katie will be doing in September. My mom and dad have done a great job planning this and I hope that we will raise lots of money for the foundation. There will be a hotdog supper and also a cornhole tournament. My dad has handmade 4 cornhole sets and from what my mom says, he has really out done himself. I can't wait to see them.

I have been itching to go to the beach lately. We didn't get to go last weekend because the weather was going to be horrible. Every spring I always say that we are going to go to the beach more during the summer but things always seem to come up. I think we might be going next weekend though so I'm pretty excited about that. Then we have out big family beach trip in September that I can't wait for!!!! It's going to be the Joyners', Newnams', & Hollifields' playing out on the beach every day!! We all haven't been together in so long and I know that the girls are going to have a great time with everyone there.

I am still in the middle of planning Emma's birthday party. I just ordered her invitations the other day and I can't wait to see them. They are too cute. Josh and I have a great birthday present planned for her and I can't wait to see her face when she gets it.

For years now I have heard people talk about how awesome the show BIG BROTHER is. Well, I decided that since I didn't have a whole lot of shows to watch right now that I would see what it was all about. I have watched the first 3 episodes and so far, I don't really get it. But I'm gonna continue to watch and hope that it gets better.

This weekend is going to be busy and I hope that the fundraiser goes well.

No comments: