Saturday, August 18, 2012

::just a phase::

Back when I first started this blog I wanted to make sure to document everything so that when I looked back on it down the road I could remember what that stage of our lives was like. These past few months I've slacked a little bit but I am really going to start blogging more because I want to remember everything. Even though I mainly like to blog about the fun things we do or how sweet my girls are, I would be lying to say that  my life right now is just fun and great. Don't get me wrong, I adore my little girls and this little boy too. I have a great life and have been blessed beyond measure. I know this. But I also know that reality is just that......real. It has its up and downs and inbetweens. Things are not always as they seem. The past couple of weeks have really been kind of rough for me though. 

My sweet little Emma is really testing her boundaries lately...... and also her attitude. I don't know where this came from either. Anyone will tell you that when we are out of the house and in public, or even at the grandparents house, she is the sweetest, most polite little girl. She has great manners and always great to be around. This makes Josh and I so proud because we are really trying to raise our girls to be well behaved and have great manners. When we are at home is a different story. Lately, she screams, tells us no, laughs at us when we tell her to do something, is mean to Ryleigh, etc. We just moved them into the same room this week and it's going great so I don't think that is the issue. I was talking to Josh earlier and mentioned that lately we haven't gotten out of the house much. That is mainly my fault. It's been hot and while being pregnant I just haven't felt like getting out much. I think Emma just has a lot of energy that I'm not allowing her to get out. Because like I said, when we are out doing things, she is great. So I'm really going to make it a point to do lots of things with them this week and see if that makes a difference. I really need to work hard to channel all her energy. I absolutely love her to death and she is so sweet. I just hope we can work out this issue soon. Please tell me I'm not alone!

Like I said earlier, we moved the girls into Ryleigh's room this week. We went with her room because it has a little better lay out and more room for their things. When I first started planning out their room I wanted to put them in their own twin bed. However, we recently had some bunk beds given to us and we decided to try those out first before buying new beds. So far, so good. I honestly don't really think Emma is quite old enough to sleep on the top bunk but I really wanted to give it a chance so that we could use that extra money on other things. She loves it on the top though and has done well. But with all that moving, we have had a lot of work to do also. I took apart the crib/toddler bed that Ryleigh has been sleeping in and also got Emma's old room cleaned out. We still have a few things to do to that room before we really start putting baby stuff in it. 

I feel as though I have cleaned and organized all week long and still there is so much to be done. The crazy part is that it is not even the kids stuff. It's Josh and I that have so much stuff. Where does it all come from? But anyway, we still have a long ways to go. 

Josh and I have also been busy cleaning out our big bonus room upstairs. I haven't said anything on the blog yet but my little sister is moving in with us next month for about 4 months and she will have that room upstairs so we need everything out of there. We are really excited about her moving in though. We can't wait to spend more time with her. 

The weather is finally cooling down a little bit and I'm really looking forward to the next few months. We have our big family beach trip in a couple of weeks, a trip to Lazy 5 Ranch, my baby shower, Halloween, the Fair, and other fun things planned. 

Ok, a gold star for you if you made it this far. But I think now I'm all caught up and I am definitely going to start blogging more so be on the lookout for some really cute pictures. :)

No comments: