Friday, March 19, 2010

Life with 2

Ryleigh is almost a week old now and even though we've only been home for a few days, everything is going really well. Ryleigh is such a laid back easy baby....so far. She eats anywhere from 2-4 hours and there are have been several times that we have to wake her up to eat. She loves being in her swing or sitting in her infant pillow. When Emma was born she always had to have her hands by her head. She would not stay swaddled in a blanket to save her life. Ryleigh is the exact same way. Our first night at home we swaddled her in a receiving blanket and she just didn't seem to sleep as good. Since then we have been using actual swaddles and she is sleeping great. We usually put Emma to bed around 8:30 or so and then we give Ryleigh her bottle and she usually goes to sleep. Throughout the night she wakes up every 4 hours or so and eats, but then goes right back to sleep. Emma has been getting up around 7:30 every morning and Ryleigh will usually sleep a little later. So even though we are getting up a couple times during the night to feed, we are all getting some good stretches of sleep. :]  I had planned on doing a post on "Big Sister Emma", but to be honest, she doesn't even acknowledge Ryleigh's existence. Bringing home a new baby hasn't seemed to bother her one bit. She hasn't gotten clingy or fussy at all. She really hasn't messed with Ryleigh too much either. She has walked over to her and looked for a minute, but then she goes on playing. I really thought that she would get upset when she saw me carrying or holding the baby, but she actually couldn't care less. It kind of makes me sad, but I would rather her be like that, then to get upset everytime I held Ryleigh. Emma has done really well this week with letting her daddy do everything for her. I'm usually the one who puts her to bed and does most things for her during the day and since I can't lift her, I'm not able to really do anything for her. Josh has really had to take care of all three of us this past week. He is doing such a great job making sure that we all have everything we need and keeping up with things around the house. I'm doing better getting up off the couch by myself but I still can't get out of the bed without his help. I'm still in a large amount of pain most of the time but I go to the doctor today to get my staples taken out, so I'm hoping that will help with the pain. We are still settling into a routine but so far life with 2 is great. I'm hoping that this weekend I will feel like getting out of the house. The weather is supposed to be great and I'm looking forward to some sunshine!

No comments: