Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Little Update

Ryleigh has changed so much in her short 2 1/2 weeks. She is developing such a personality and when she is awake she grins and looks around at everything. She is just so sweet.I could just eat her up. I think she went through her little growth spurt the end of last week. She was eating every hour and a half and Friday night she got up 5 times to eat....yes, you read that right.....5!!! I was definitely exhausted the next morning. Most of you know, but Ryleigh is only bottle feeding. Just like with Emma, my milk never came in, so I was not able to breastfeed. The one great thing about bottle feeding is that it doesn't take long for Ryleigh to eat, and Josh can also help with feeding. I still mostly get up with her during the night though because Josh has to get up early and go to work and I want him to get some sleep. I know that staying home with both girls is work too, but I'm also able to sit down and rest more during the day than Josh does. Ryleigh is now pretty consistent with sleeping and eating. We were having some issues with gas for the first couple of weeks but we switched her formula and also have been putting mylicon in her bottles and that has made a HUGE improvement. She is eating ever 3-4 hours and only gets up twice during the night to eat....usually around 1 or 2 and then around 4 or 5. I gave her a bath for the 2nd time Sunday night and she LOVED it. She actually grinned a little bit. I think she's going to end up loving bath time. :] The only time she fusses is when we change her diaper, but she is getting better at that. She does fine until she feels that cold wipe. I try to warm them up a little bit, but she still doesn't like it too much. But she is such a sweetheart. She is so much like Emma was when she was a baby. She is pretty laid back and easy. I can't believe she is almost 3 weeks old. Time is going by so fast. It makes me so sad, but I also can't wait to see her grow up. Last night I was sitting on the floor to play with the girls. I brought the boppy pillow to lay Ryleigh on however, Emma didn't want to share. She decided she wanted to sit in it and read her book.

No comments: