Saturday, February 20, 2010

36 Weeks!!

Seriously?!?! 36 weeks?!?! I didn't think we would make it this far but here we are. I'm so glad that Ryleigh has decided to stay put for a little while longer and grow. I am still hoping that she will wait another week or two before she decides to come. I want her to grow and mature those lungs as much as possible. My c-section is scheduled for 3 weeks from today. I don't think we will make it that long but it gives me a date to look forward to. I'm so excited to meet this little girl. This pregnancy has been far from ideal, but strangely, I wouldn't change anything about it. Things are actually going pretty well right now. I am still on "moderate" bed rest but other than that, the baby is doing fine and I'm hanging in there. I have been out of work almost 4 weeks now, which basically sucks, but there isn't much I could do about it. My doctor will not clear me to go back to work so for now, I'm stuck at home, on the couch, feeling like a bum. I have been able to get a lot accomplished over the past few weeks though. I have been cleaning some, doing laundry, washing dishes, etc. I do these things at least once a day because I don't want us coming home to a dirty house. I have made all my lists for packing hospital bags. Ryleigh's bag is ready to go, but my bag and Emma's bag will have to wait because we need most of the things that we will have to pack. We even have 2 "on-call" people on standby just incase I have to go to the hospital in the middle of the night, they will be able to come and stay with Emma until she wakes up and then bring her to the hospital. So I guess for now, we are just waiting. I am trying to spend all the time I can with Emma now. Poor thing.....her whole world is getting ready to change, and she has no idea. I just hope that she will welcome Ryleigh with open arms and realize that having a little sister is going to be great.[most of the time anyway]   :]  

2 comments:

Hollifields said...

Yay! So glad you've made this far! Any day now...

Katie said...

Yeah, you know having a little sister is great. (: