Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I knew it would happen one day.....

and that day....was today!! Since Emma was born, I knew that what happened this morning would happen. I have been dreading it. All kids do it, but I was hoping maybe I would have the one kid that wouldn't. Nope! She did it too.

It was about 7:45 this morning and I was sitting on the couch. We had not been up too long and Emma had already drank her milk and was watching a Backyardigan episode. All of a sudden I look up, and Emma is walking towards me with poop covered hands and pants. Ummm......Ewwwwwwww!!!! I wasn't quite prepared for that....especially at 7:45 in the morning. Emma always poops in the morning and I'm pretty good about changing her diaper as soon as she is finished. But this morning, I didn't even notice she had gone and I didn't smell anything either. Needless to say, I will be watching her very closely from now on. I guess the good thing is that she realizes that she doesn't like for that poop to be there and this is the first step to potty training.

So I walked her to the bathroom trying to only touch her arms. I was able to get her hands clean and get her undressed without causing too much of a mess. I finally got her clean enough to put in the bath tub and then I scrubbed her like crazy. So now she is nice and clean and smelling much better.

I know all of you moms out there are laughing at me and thinking to yourself that you know exactly what I went through. But it was not fun at all. I knew it was going to happen but I still wasn't fully prepared for little poop hands walking towards me. Yuck!!


So, that's how my morning has been so far.....hope you all have a Happy Wednesday!!

1 comment:

Hollifields said...

LOL funny Chey did the same thing yesterday. Actually yesterday was the 2nd day in a row! I went to get her from her nap and she had a very nasty, runny poop. She was in the process of pulling her pants down. It was all up her back, in the carpet, on the wall, the doorknob, light switch, her stepstool to get up into her bed....Everywhere!!! It was NOT fun. I know EXACTLY how you feel.