Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Little About Emma

I realized that it's been a while since I really posted about Emma and what she is up to these days. Right now she is about 17 months old. She still only has about 8 teeth. They are really taking their time coming in, but that doesn't stop her from eating anything she wants. She has started using a fork when she eats and is becoming really good at it. Sometimes she is able to get the food on the fork and other times we will help her but she is still doing a great job. I'm guessing she probably weighs about 24 lbs now and she is still about 30 in. tall. She has just started wearing her 18 month clothes and is in a size 3 diaper. She has put herself on a great schedule too. She usually gets up around 7:00am, eats lunch at 11:30, naps from 12-2, then goes to bed at 8:30. We had a few rough nights last weekend but for the most part she is sleeping through the night. There are some nights when she will sit up once and then we just go in her room and lay her back down and help her get comfortable and then she goes back to sleep. She loves taking baths and brushing her teeth. Every time I get her tooth brush out she sits and waits for me to come brush her teeth. She tries to do it herself but just ends up chewing on the brush. She is still in LOVE with the Backyardigans. I wish she would watch something else sometimes, but as long as she is happy, it's ok. Josh has predicted that she is going to be a drama queen when she gets older. She has started to throw cute little tantrums and when she is sad or gets told "no", she hangs her head and covers her eyes with her hands. It's so cute....but I'm sure we won't think so in a couple of years. Emma is very independent and likes to be by herself. She doesn't like large groups of people and she is usually happy just playing by herself. She is great and giving hugs, kisses, and high fives. Emma is such a sweet little girl. Sometimes I wish I could box her up and keep her like this forever. But I'm enjoying watching her grow and learn new things. I can't wait to Ryleigh gets here because I know that Emma will be a great big sister....once she gets through the first few weeks.

No comments: