Monday, November 15, 2010

Busy Day

Yesterday was a pretty busy day for me. It was the first full day that I had with the girls and Blake by myself. I don't think I sat down all day. I knew that it would be hard taking care of all three of them while Josh is gone but I don't think I realized how tiring it would be. The girls did really good yesterday. They were really happy for the most part and we enjoyed playing together. I'm having all of the little puppy problems with Blake right now, but I know that he just needs some training. He is getting up every hour and a half to pee, and he usually goes right back to sleep. But I'm not really sleeping good so I haven't really been able to get well rested and then busy days make me very tired. Katie and Bradley came by to visit before she went to work so that they could meet Blake. I knew I had to go out to PetSmart so I decided to take the girls to see Katie at Longhorn. I normally don't take them by myself to a sit down restaurant but they did wonderful. We went early so that it wasn't crowded and we could get in and out faster. It was the first time I've left Blake home alone and he did ok I guess. He was whining when I got back, but that's fully expected. For a while now, Ryleigh has been trying hard to sit up from a laying down position by herself. She could make it half way but never all the way up. Sunday night, my parents came by for a little bit to visit and while they were playing with Emma and Blake I put Ryleigh in her crib. Usually I can just lay her down and leave the room and she'll roll around for about 10 minutes and then go to sleep. I noticed it was taking her a lot longer so I checked the monitor and she was sitting up. I thought maybe she was able to grab onto the bumper or something to help her but as I found out yesterday, that's not the case. She can sit up all by herself. I was so happy that she learned how to do this but I knew what was coming next. I was still trying to get her asleep when my parents left and when I went back into her room, she was standing up bouncing. Then I had to figure out how to lower her crib. It wasn't hard, just to me a little bit to get everything put back together.(normally, that's Josh's job) This has made nap time a little more challenging because when I have put her in her crib, she immediately sits up and starts playing. I have had to actually go in her room and lay her down and stay with her for a few minutes until she starts getting sleepy or closes her eyes. I know that this is still pretty good for her going to sleep, but not what I was used to. She is also starting to bring her knees up a little bit when she army crawls so I have a feeling maybe a few more days and she might be really crawling. We'll just have to see. Today is going to be a rainy day I think, so we will probably just stay home and do laundry and clean. I don't want Josh to think I didn't do anything while he was gone. HA!

No comments: