Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

I'm a little late in posting about Halloween. Autumn took most of the pictures because it was hard for me to do while keeping up with Ryleigh and helping Emma....plus, she just takes better pictures, and I just got the disc from her today. This was by far the best Halloween. Emma is getting older and starting to enjoy holidays more. Emma woke up Saturday morning with a slight fever, but after her nap she woke up and it was normal and she acted fine all day, so after our family pictures we went to my mom and dads house to get the girls ready. Emma was a little fairy this year and Ryleigh was a ballerina. Once we got the girls ready we went to the trunk or treat at our church. We were the first ones there so it only took about 5-10 minutes. This was Emma's first time trick or treating and the first car we came up to I tried to get her to walk up and get some candy and she sat down on the ground and wouldn't go near it. Then once she saw that they gave her candy, she started holding up her bucket for every car. Both of my girls were so cute in their costumes. I can't wait until next year when Ryleigh is walking around trick or treating too. Afterwards, we went back to my mom and dads and had our annual bonfire. We had chicken stew, hotdogs, and smores. It was such a fun day and I think both girls really enjoyed it. After we got home Saturday night, while I was getting Emma ready for bed I noticed that she felt hot. I took her temperature it was around 102. There was no indication all day that she was sick or anything. So I gave her some tylenol and put her to bed. Sunday morning here fever was still there so we stayed home all day and cleaned and made homemade soup. Monday morning her temperature was up to 103.3. or so and so I took her to the doctor. At the doctor's office they took her temp and it was at 104.1. She looked in Emma's mouth and said her throat was extremely red and had little while spots. They did a strep test but it came back negative. So I just had to take her home and hope that the fever came down.Even though she slept horribly Monday night, she woke up yesterday morning with a normal temp. and has acted much better. So whatever it was, I hope it's gone and that she continues to feel better.

No comments: