Sunday, November 14, 2010

Early Christmas Present!

Meet Blake! He is our new little puppy! He is a miniature black and tan dachshund....aka "weinie dog". He was born on September 22,1010, which makes him about 7 1/2 weeks old.He is about 5 lbs right now, but will grow to be about 11 lbs.
He has the cutest little floppy ears and little legs. He is full of energy and loves to chase Emma around the house. Emma loves Blake and she giggles and laughs at him all the time. Ryleigh is still warming up to him, but I'm sure she will love him too. Yesterday, we drove to the North side of Charlotte(about 2 hours) and picked him up. He and Josh are already best friends. He slept on Josh's lap most of the way home and he was so happy. He is CKC registered and comes from parents who are CKC and AKC registered. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have wanted a dachshund since I was about 10 years old, so when we found out we could get one, I was ecstatic. Josh needed a little more persuading because he knows that we have our hands full with two little ones already. But he knew how much I have wanted one and was willing to let us get him. People have asked me if we are crazy for getting a dog while having a 2 year old and an 8 month old. All I can say is "Yes". I know we are crazy but I also know that you only live once and this is a dream of mine that we couldn't pass up. We love little Blake so much and we are so glad he is part of our family.

No comments: