Wednesday, September 21, 2011

3 days::60 miles



Tomorrow both of my sisters, Katie and Autumn, will be on their way to Washinton D.C. They will be participating in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day 60 mile walk. They are walking Friday, Saturday, and Sunday....20 miles a day. Autumn posted on Facebook yesterday that they raised $6,271 together. WOW!!! I am so proud of them for doing this to support all the women who have been affected with breast cancer. When my mom was diagnosed last fall it was a very dark time for our family, but this is definitely something good that is coming from that. My mom and dad will be driving to Washington on Saturday and I really wish I were going with them. I would love to be on the sidelines supporting them. You girls are going to do great and I hope you know how I proud I am of you. You both have put in so much hard work to do this and I admire your strength and dedication. I hope that one day....soon...there is a cure for breast cancer.

No comments: