Saturday, September 24, 2011

Oak Island Day 3

Better late than never! I am completely photo illiterate, so I had to get Josh's help in editing a few pictures. He is much better than me, but I'm learning. I am trying something a little different with my blog. I love the way bigger pictures look, so I'm gonna try this for a while and see if I like it. Let me know what you think. 


Last Friday was our third day in Oak Island.The weather turned really chilly and windy. We were not prepared for the cold weather so most of the girls had to borrow a jacket from Nana. 

Since we couldn't go out on the beach, Friday morning we decided to go into Southport and walk along the waterfront. There is a small little pier that we took the girls out on and then we walked around the little shops.

Ryleigh loves riding around in the stroller and being cuddled up in Nana's jacket. 

Hailey, Autumnn, & Cheyenne

There are no words to describe Katie. She is just a ball of fun. I LOVED getting to spend so much time with her last week.


The only shop we actually went into had a lot of candy and also little gifts. It was a really neat store and my mom and dad got the girls these big twirly suckers.

Emma absolutely adores her Nana and Papa. She was in heaven getting to hold both or their hands.


After we were done walking around, we ate lunch at Provisions before heading home to let the girls nap.
After nap time we headed into South Harbor and let the girls play on the playground. It was very close to the water so it was really windy and cold. We didn't stay too long but they really loved getting to play with everyone. 




Poor little Ryleigh almost froze. She got extra cuddles with Papa though. :-)

Autumn and her girls had to leave Friday evening but we made a trip to Wal-Mart after the playground so I could get my girls a jacket for the next day. I wish you all could have seen all of us in Wal-Mart. It was so funny to be able to hear all the girls with Nana and Papa across the store. 

Next Up: Our trip to the NC Aquarium!

No comments: