Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Wheels

Check out Emma and her new wheels!









Yesterday I took Ryleigh for her 18th month checkup. It was a little early(she won't be 18 months until Oct 13th) but at her one year checkup I spoke to her doctor about speech therapy and she wanted to see her before she turned 18 months to monitor her progress. She got 3 shots today which included her flu shot. While we were there she agreed to go ahead and give Emma the flu mist. My little chunky butt weighs 25 lbs 4 oz. She is in the 70th percentile for her weight. Dr. Lowe went ahead and made a referal for speech therapy. Ryleigh has recently started saying "mamamama" over and over but thats all the sounds that she really makes. I had her look at Ryleigh's tounge too. I did the same thing with Emma at that age. She said that Ryleigh does have a short frenulum. It runs on Josh's side of the family and I thought that it could be a reason why Ryleigh isn't really talking. The doctor recommended that we talk to the speech therapist before we make a decision to get it cut. We aren't sure the risk is necessary so we want to make sure we do all our research before we decide to do it. We are very lucky that Emma's speech therapist is also going to be working with Ryleigh. We really like Jessica and it will be nice for Ryleigh to have a familiar face. She will be evaluated this afternoon to make sure that she qualifies.


On a more fun side note: We are leaving for the beach in less than two weeks!! We are going with my whole family and words can't even describe how excited I am. It's been a long time since we've all been together. I have already started making my lists!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: