Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oak Island-Day 1 & 2

We were scheduled to go to the beach last Wednesday, however Josh needed to work with his sales rep in Myrtle Beach on Wednesday morning so we drove down Tuesday around 2:00. Katie rode with me and the girls so that we could make a big grocery run the next morning before my mom, dad, and Autumn and her girls got there Wednesday afternoon. It worked out a lot better that way and when the girls woke up from their nap we all headed to the beach for the afternoon. We ended up only having two days of good weather.Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday was hot and sunny. We didn't take our camera out until Thursdaybecause we had a lot more time on the beach then. We have all decided to trade pictures so I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more than what I have. Autumn got some great pics I know so I can't wait to show you some of those. We all had a great time playing on the beach. Ryleigh, however, is not a fan of the sand. On Wednesday I tried to let her walk around and sit and play, but she wasn't having it. So for Thursday we got out our little tiny baby pool that Emma used her first summer and let Ryleigh sit in it and play. It worked out a lot better. I also was able to take her in the water a little and she didn't mind it. I am very terrified of the ocean because of the whole "shark attacking me" thing, but Katie and I ventured out and had so much fun trying not to let the big waves drown us. It reminded me of when we were younger and would go out really far and dive under the waves. Emma, Chey, and Hailey LOVED the beach. They played so well together. My dad brought the boogie boards and they rode on those around the beach and Emma even rode in a wave by herself. They were definitely some tired little girls at the end of the day.









I am working on the rest of our days at the beach too. I didn't realize how many pictures we took. Plus, today has been kind of busy. I finally got my hair cut and colored and I'm LOVING it. It's shorter now and easier to manage. This afternoon I've been trying to work out some things with school. All of my credits from UNCG are transferring so I only have to take one placement test and then I'll be good to go. I would start the middle of October. Super excited!!

No comments: