Sunday, September 25, 2011

Oak Island-Day 4

Last Saturday was our last day in Oak Island. It was another chilly day so we planned a trip to the NC Aquarium. We took the ferry from Southport to Ft. Fisher. I can't remember riding on the ferry when I was little so this was all new to me. It was so cool to drive onto the boat. Once we were allowed to get out of the car, we walked up the stairs and sat at the back of the boat so we could look around. It was so much fun and for the whole day Emma talked non-stop about riding the big boat. I think she enjoyed that more than the aquarium. Katie's friend Pierce also came to spend the day with her that day. 


my wonderful mom and dad on the ferry

our car is the white explorer in the middle. the cars are packed on the boat really tight

this is the fort fisher ferry we passed on our way back to southport


We took Emma to the aquarium the summer before last but I think now that she is older, she really enjoyed seeing all the animals. Ryleigh rode in the stroller some but my mom was also brave enough to let her walk around by herself. I don't let her do that very often because I usually have both girls by myself and Ryleigh does not like to hold your hand. She was all over the place, but she had a lot of fun. A lot of my pictures just didn't turn out that well because of the lighting and all the glass in there, but here are a few of the animals. 




After we got back into Southport we went to get some dinner. We went to the Oak Island Restaurant where everyone ate seafood....except me. I stuck with my chicken fingers. :-)

Once we got back into the house we played a little cornhole out on the deck.....that is...until we got eaten alive by some bugs. 


Ryleigh enjoyed running back and forth between the boards and also picking up everyone's bean bags. 

This family vacation was so much fun. I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed being with everyone. I really hope to make it an annual thing because each year is just going to be more fun as the girls get older. 

I still have some pictures to post of the vacation but I'll wait and do one big picture post. I hope to get a disc from Autumn and I also have some on my phone and little camera too. 

I hope you all had a great weekend. 

No comments: