Tuesday, June 30, 2009

10 Months Old!

10 Months Old! Only 2 more months until the big #1. She is learning to do so much and sometimes I wish she would just quit growing. I love seeing her do all these new things but soon she won't be my baby anymore...she'll be a toddler. [oh my goodness....lets try not to think about that] This month Emma started to do a few new things. She learned how to climb the stairs, stand by herself, took 2 steps, and her new favorite word....da da. Oh my, I couldn't even tell you how many times a day I hear it. She is so in love with her daddy. Every morning when he goes to work, he gives her a hug and a kiss and then when he closes the door, she crawls to it, stands up, bangs on the door, and says da da, da da. It's really cute but sometimes I would just like to hear ma ma all day. Then, during the day, she looks out the big window in our living room and once again starts banging on it saying da da, da da. When Josh comes home in the afternoon, as soon as she hears him start to unlock the door, she is already smiling, kicking her legs, and crawling to the door. I really do think that he is her favorite person. They just have that special father-daughter bond I guess. Emma also is getting her first tooth. The tooth is about 1/4 of the way out. Emma has become quite the explorer too. The past few days, I have had to go looking for her because she crawls so fast and she likes to explore other parts of the house. Normally, she goes to the bathroom and stands up by the tub and plays with a duck. Speaking of ducks....I'm not quite sure why she has an obsession with ducks but she LOVES them. My mom even got her a little duck family to keep at her house. That's normally all she really plays with in the bath tub too. It is so amazing to watch Emma grow up. I think maybe in another month she will be walking. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Hollifields said...

What is it about ducks? Chey has the same obsession. For a while every animal was a duck!

Katie said...

aw, baby emma. (: She's getting so big! I can't wait til her birthday.