Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Big Girl Panties

The past couple of days have been BIG around our house. Over the past 9 months or so, we have tried several times to potty train Emma. She would usually throw a fit about sitting on the potty. I knew that she just wasn't ready at that time. We are slowly creeping up on her third birthday and for some reason I just really wanted her to be in panties by then. Plus, we are going to the beach in September with my family and I just knew it would be easier to have her out of diapers. Last but certainly not least, we all know how expensive diapers are and 3 years is a long time.

I am so proud to annouce that Emma is now in

BIG GIRL PANTIES!!

I think all mothers know how I feel right now. Most things come pretty easily for me as far as the girls go. I mean, I love when different changes come and they are ready for bigger things, but for some reason potty training was really really stressing me out. I guess it's because up until now she just wasn't ready and I was fighting her more than helping her.

She has done really well so far. We started yesterday morning and within a hour or two she wet two pair of panties but only a little bit. Once she started going she quickly realized that she needed to potty and so she went in the bathroom and finished. Since then she has went to the potty every time. I feel like it finally "clicked". She knows what she is supposed to be doing and she knows when she has to go. This is such a big step for her and I couldn't be more proud. In the past she had peed in the potty a few times but it was usually by accident and wasn't much. Yesterday when she starting going, the look on her face was absolutely priceless!! She loves going to the potty now and she loves picking out her own panties. She is still wearing diapers for naps and bedtime ofcourse. It will be a long time before she is out of those I think, but she woke up dry from her naps yesterday and today. I'm so glad that we don't have to buy diapers for her anymore, but I'm mostly just happy that she has entered into a new stage and is doing GREAT!!

No comments: