Thursday, August 18, 2011

a whole lot of everything

warning! This post will be all over the place and really long!


Funny story! Yesterday I went to the bank. I usually just make a deposit through the ATM (you can do that through Wachovia now) but I needed cash back so I went through the drive through. I was counting the money I had gotten back while on the phone with Josh and listening to Emma say "mama, mama, mama" over and over and look what I left in my seat as I drove away.....

That's right...the little container thingy-ma-jig that goes through the tube to the other side! I was so embarrassed. I was almost home at that point though but I called and told them that I had it. I returned it today all while feeling extremely embarrassed. Mommy brain for sure....


Emma had speech therapy today. She has it every Thursday for 30 minutes. She does a great job and always sits very still and does what she is told. She loves when Jessica comes and we are really excited about the progress she is making. Josh was even home to watch her session.
(which kind of distracts her a little since she isn't used to him being home during the day....but she still did fine) We got little flashcards a while back and I go through them with her everyday. She will go get them out the drawer and ask me over and over until we sit down and do it. She is very persistant, but atleast it's about learning!
I had to share with you all what our outings look like now. I know that all of you who have potty trained have been through this but I'm sorta finding it rather comical now. Emma has done a wonderful job with using the potty. She wears her panties at home with no accidents and she is wearing a pull up when we go out. She hasn't ever had an accident while we've been out so I will probably let her wear panties out soon. We have a potty in the back of the car because let's face it.....I can't always get her to a bathroom quick enough, and I'm not going to try and drag both girls in a store or gas station every time Emma says she has to potty.( those are really gross anyway) So when she says she has to go(which is usually in a store parking lot) I try to find the most discreet place to park and then let her go. The funny part is trying to find a place to dump it without everyone thinking I'm some crazy woman.


Today was the day that Josh had to be at the Wyndham. His company was sponsoring dinner for all the crew. Since he was up at 3am volunteering also, he came home around lunchtime and we got to spend a couple of hours together and he got to rest. He left about 2:30 and then me and the girls went out. We went to a few different stores. My main goal was to get the last few things I needed for Emma's party. First we went to Hobby Lobby or as Emma calls it "Hobby Hobby". It really is the cutest thing ever. While we were there I was rather sad to see that this stuff is already out!
It's only August people! Why does it get earlier and earlier every year? I LOVE Christmas don't get me wrong. It is my favorite holiday but when I see this stuff in August it makes me feel behind already.....and we haven't even gotten to Halloween yet. Give me a break! Emma has been wanting to watch her Mickey Mouse Christmas movie nonstop for the past few weeks so I've really gotten into the spirit. (i'm only 4 months early!)


After Hobby Lobby Emma said she wanted some drink. So I decided to run through McDonalds and I got her and Ryleigh a Frozen Strawberry Lemonade for them to split. I am not a strawberry fan but the girls really loved it. You would have thought I was the most awesome mom ever with the way Emma was telling me thank you over and over!

Our last two stops were Party City and Target. Those were pretty uneventful but atleast I got what I needed. I mostly feel ready for her party now. Only a couple more things I need to do but those are last minute things.

If you are still reading....you get a gold star!! :)

No comments: