Tuesday, August 2, 2011

:sisters:

We have reached the ages where our girls are starting to fight. Well, I guess fight probably isn't the best word to use, but you get my drift. In the past Ryleigh has pretty much kept to herself and if Emma wanted what she was playing with, Ryleigh didn't really care and would just go do something else. Now, they are constantly fussing over everything. I have caught them both pulling on the same thing and holding on for dear life. Emma is not a bully or anything but she does give Ryleigh a little push if she doesn't give her what she wants. I really really don't like this stage. I know that they are sisters and they are going to fight....(I mean, my sisters and I are in our 20's and we still fight occassionally) but I just wish it didn't start this soon. They are still little and we are really trying to reinforce that is it polite to share and to take turns, but that's easier said than done.

I was so happy when we found out Ryleigh was a girl because I knew that meant that Emma would have a sister that would be close in age that they could do so many things together. My hope is that they will grow up being best friends and they will always have someone there for them. No matter how many friends they have growing up or how many arguments they get into, they will always be sisters and they will always have each other's back(i hope).

No comments: