Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday Randoms

Yesterday afternoon Autumn invited us to meet her and her girls at Oak Ridge park this morning. We haven't been to that park in a while so it was nice to be somewhere different. We had a great time. Not too long after we got there Cheyenne had to use the potty and so Autumn took her, but ended up locking her keys in her car. It was kind of funny and not so funny all at the same time. Luckily my dad was home from work today and was able to go back to her house and bring her spare key to her. He was a lifesaver today. Thanks Daddy! The girls always have fun playing together. Ryleigh doesn't usually do a lot of playing though. She likes to observe her surroundings a little too much. This morning she decided to put as much mulch as she could at the bottom of one of the slides. Emma and Chey decided they would help too.

Ryleigh's nose has been kind of stopped up when she sleeps the past couple of days and that is causing her to not nap as long as she usually does. She only napped for an hour today so I brought her back to my room and let her have a snack. She thought she hit the jackpot by getting the whole box.
The girls and I got in the car to go out for a little bit this afternoon and this is what my car said when I got to the gas station. I really don't like pushing it that far,...I just get a little lazy sometimes. Don't know how accurate it is....but I don't want to find out either. I was getting a little nervous.
While I was out I decided to get everything I needed to make a chicken pie. I tried chicken pie a few months ago for the first time. (yes, I've been under a rock apparently) But I loved it. I just hadn't found one that quite tasted right. Well, I made this one and it was awesome. Josh was even impressed so I get gold stars for that! Even Emma (who always eats her fruit before any of her chicken) ate all of the chicken pie first and asked for more. Definitely a winner.

After dinner is when the girls, especially Ryleigh, start getting a little whiney. We sit on the floor a lot and try to play together as a family and spend time with the girls. Emma has recently gotten into rolling a ball across the living room back and forth. The simplest things make her happiest it seems. Occasionally daddy will let her play on the iPAD and she loves it. She has her own little folder with a couple of games and she threw a fit tonight when it was bed time. This little game has been great with helping her learn lots of shapes though.

No comments: