Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Emma's Day

Today was such a great day. As soon as Emma woke up this morning I sang Happy Birthday to her. She looked at me like "mom, I just woke up, leave me alone".But then once she woke up, she continued to say Happy Birthday ALL DAY LONG. It was the cutest thing ever. She requested waffles for breakfast and also to watch Mickey Mouse. After breakfast I snapped this picture.
Taken at 7:39 am....exactly 3 years old!

We spent the morning playing. I got out a few things that she got for her birthday to play with. We did a puzzle and also played with some stamps. Josh worked until about 1:30 today and once the girls got up from their naps, we went to Build-A-Bear Workshop. We took Emma last year on her birthday and we would like to keep it a tradition. Since her birthday falls during the week we wanted to do something special for her. She still loves the little frog she made last year, and I knew she would love it even more this year. We didn't take the big camera, so phone pics will have to do.

Once we got there it took her a while to pick out an animal. They had some that were not so cute, so I tried to help her pick one out. We ended up with a monkey. Emma wanted nothing to do with stuffing it. I think she was a little scared of the loud sound that the machine made. So Josh stuffed it and also put in a little heart.
After the monkey was stuffed, she gave it a bath.
After the monkey got a bath, Emma picked out some clothes. She ended up with a ballerina PJ set.
This is Millie the Monkey. Emma loves her so much and has literally not put her down since she got her. She also got some little ballerina slippers and some sunglasses to go with her outfit.

She wanted to carry her out all by herself.
Here are a few pics of Emma and Millie.
After we got home I fixed spaghetti for dinner and then we had birthday cake. We sang to Emma and then she blew out 4 candles all by herself. Up until tonight I haven't really cried. But as I was putting Emma to bed tonight I spent a few extra mintues with her telling her how much I loved her and that God gave me the most precious gift. This little girl means the world to me and I hope that we gave her a wonderful birthday.

Emma also received a few phones calls today. Nana, Papa, and Cheyenne called her to wish her a Happy Birthday. Emma was so excited to talk to them. I think it really made her day that much more wonderful.

I will post some birthday cake pictures tomorrow once I get them off the camera.

It has been such a great day and I am now looking forward to the next year with my little 3 year old!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohfuck them little pink cotton panties are soooooooooooooooo sexy i want to fuckher ass