Monday, August 15, 2011

:cooler weather:


We have finally gotten some cooler weather. This past weekend it started to cool off and this whole week we are supposed to be in the 80's. Still not where I want to be, but I'll take it. Our weekend was very uneventful. We didn't leave the house at all on Saturday and it was nice to just relax and hang out as a family. Yesterday we headed to Stokesdale as usual. We swam for a little bit and ate dinner. As we were getting ready to head home, some storms started rolling through. Forsyth county was under tornado warning.(we live in forsyth...my mom and dad are in guilford) So we decided to hang out until it was over. The radar didn't look good and it was better to be safe than sorry. I went ahead and gave the girls abath at moms. We ended up not leaving until about 7:40 (10 mintues past the girls bedtime) Emma was fine but I was really worried Ryleigh was going to break down at any minute. We finally got home and had them in bed by about 8:20 or so. Ryleigh didn't even move. Emma read for a little while and then went to sleep. So it's nice to know that I can push them both a little bit and still be ok.

This week is the week that Josh always looks forward to because of this.......



The Wyndham is held at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro. Josh does a lot of business with them and he always volunteers to help on the golf course for the week. His company also sponsors a dinner for all the workers, which he will be doing Thursday night. This whole week he is volunteering in the morning which means he is up at 3:30a.m. He works there and then starts his day with his own job. Last year they let him roll greens and thats what he did this morning also. It's a pretty big job and comes with A LOT of responsibility but Josh is awesome at it and he really loves it. I'm sure we will be watching plenty of the tournament this coming weekend. Here is a picture of the clubhouse at Sedgefield. It is absolutely beautiful. I hope one year Josh and I will be able to go and watch some of the tournament together.


This morning the girls and I went to Hobby Lobby. Emma's birthday party is in less than two weeks and I still have things that I need to make so I had to get a few supplies. While I was paying for everything, Emma told the cashier that she loved her and that she was beautiful. She is just the sweetest thing. After naps we headed to the grocery store and then came back home to play outside. I'm glad that we can spend more time outside since it's cooler. Come on Fall!!







No comments: