Wednesday, August 17, 2011

preperation....

I am slightly overwhelmed. As I have mentioned before Emma's 3rd birthday party is in 10 days! 10 days I people!!!! I am not quite as prepared as I want to be, but I'm getting there. I know you are all probably thinking...."this is a 3 yearolds party, right?" And yes it is. But it's MY 3 year olds party!!! I have been told too many times to count that she will not remember this party and I know that. But I LOVE throwing parties and I trulybelieve that it's the little details that everyone remembers. I want Emma to look back on the pictures and be proud that her mama threw her a great party. Plus, I believe that my girls' birthdays are also a celebration for the people in their life. They have been with us and loved our little girl for the past 3 years+9months, so what better way to celebrate everyone than with a great party?! I decided a while back on a Hello Kitty inspired party for her. She really loves Hello Kitty so I knew it would be perfect. She has seen little things for her party as I've gotten them and she is so excited. As I started to plan I quickly realized that their wasn't a whole lot to choose from with Hello Kitty party stuff. So instead, I chose some colors to go with and I am throwing in some Hello Kitty here and there. I thought I would show a few sneak peeks of some little details so far.
I am currently in the middle of making some things. One of the things I am making is a personalized birthday banner. They sell for anywhere from $30-$50 or so on etsy, but I'm saving so much by doing it myself. Time consuming for sure.....but worth it. I spent an hour and 45 mintues cutting out those little flowers you see above this morning. I'm not even halfway done with it, but I like the way it's turning out so far. I have told Josh about 15 times in the last day or two that I need a Cricut!

I am so excited to pull it all together. I was looking back through some pictures of Emma over the past 3 years this morning and I got very teary eyed. I am so sad to see her get older, but I know that God has special things in store for her.

Hope you all are having a fabulous Wednesday!!

No comments: